An in-depth look into the lives of our Market Street Catering Team
or at least learn some really random facts about them!
(Kaari circa 1984-ish)
Assistant Catering Manager
Kaari joined the team back in 2003 as a part-time delivery driver. Then 2010 joined the office as Logistics Coodinator/Event Planner and most recently in September 2013 was promoted to Assistant Catering Manager.
- Favorite Smell? Spring rain on the warm asphalt. Seriously still the best smell ever.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you like to meet? Amelia Earhart. I did a report on her in middle school and I was obsessed and who doesn’t love a good mysterious disappearance story. And she was ahead of her time, breaking the mold in aviation and for women in any field.
- Nickname as a child? Toothpick. I am the youngest of three children. Both of my older siblings got the “baby fat” if you will or our hearty Norwegian gene blood line, which lasted mostly through middle school/high school age. I, however, somehow bypassed that gene up until half way through high school. My arms and legs were about the same diameter round, aka “toothpick”. My family liked to joke that I must have not been related due my skinny arms and legs.
- What was one of the best/coolest things you’ve ever done? Travel. First experience–traveling to Ireland with my sister for 2 1/2 weeks before she got married. Second experience–solo road trip through Oregon, California, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas. Own schedule and own pace…loved every second of it and can’t wait to map out the next one.
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Still a process because it just happened recently, back in September 2013, my Dad suffered a massive heart attack while at work. And it is by God’s grace that he is still here because medically speaking the doctor’s say he shouldn’t have survived. I will take that. Learning to live in the moment and trying to focus my energy on what’s important…my family and friends. And it’s that focus that is making me stronger everyday.
“Getting to know you, getting to know all about you…”